Welcome to www.blumhealthmd.com (the “Blum Digital Site”), the website of Blum Digital LLC (“Blum Digital” or “we”). On this site, you can participate in Step 3 of the Immune System Recovery Plan (the “Plan”) that is described in the book The Immune System Recovery Plan (the “Immune Book”) by Dr. Susan Blum (“Dr. Blum”), published by Simon & Schuster in April 2013, which is called the HealMyGutTM Program, and you can participate in our Simply Arthritis™ Group Coaching Program (the “Simply Arthritis™ Program”), which is based on Dr. Blum’s book called Healing Arthritis (the “Arthritis Book”), published by Simon & Schuster in October 2017. In addition, from time to time, as advertised on the Blum Digital Site, you can participate in the Healing Arthritis Challenge™.
The personally identifying information we collect on the Blum Digital Site
- When you sign up to participate in the HealMyGut™ Program, / the Simply Arthritis™ Program, or the Healing Arthritis Challenge™, you will have to set up a profile that includes your first and last names, street address, phone number and e-mail address. You also will have to provide your credit-card information to receive the products that come with the HealMyGut™ Program, the Simply Arthritis™ Program, or the Healing Arthritis Challenge™.
- If you contact us or e-mail us without actually signing up for the HealMyGut™ Program, the Simply Arthritis™ Program, or or the Healing Arthritis Challenge™, we will have your e-mail address and whatever other personally identifying information you include in the e-mail.
- If you become a member of our group Facebook® page or any Facebook® page that is associated with a particular program, we will have your Facebook®
Use of the personally identifying information that we collect on the Blum Digital Site
- We use the personally identifying information you provide through your profile to register you for whichever HealMyGut™ Program, Simply Arthritis™ Program, or Healing Arthritis Challenge™ you have signed up for.
- We will use your email address to send you the emails and other electronic communications or materials that comprise part of the HealMyGut™ Program, Simply Arthritis™ Program, or Healing Arthritis Challenge™ you signed up for and to respond to your questions to “Support” about the HealMyGut™ Program, the Simply Arthritis™ Program, or the Healing Arthritis Challenge™. We also may send you emails that relate generally to the Immune Book and/or the Arthritis Book and also emails about the Blum Center for Health.
- Products. We will use your street address to send you, through our fulfillment house, the supplements, nutrition guides, and/or other tangible materials that come with the HealMyGut™ Program, Simply Arthritis™ Program, or Healing Arthritis Challenge™ you signed up for.
- Responding to requests. We will use your phone number to contact you if you ask us to contact you by phone.
Disclosure of personally identifying information to third parties
- Credit-card processing. We will provide your credit-card information to our credit-card processor.
- Fulfillment. When you order supplements, nutrition guides, and other materials that come with the HealMyGut™ Program, Simply Arthritis™ Program, or Healing Arthritis Challenge™ you signed up for, your name and street address go to our fulfillment house so that it can send you those items.
- Agents and contractors. We may provide your personally identifying information to other service providers who work on our behalf or help us to operate the Blum Digital Site and the different activities that we conduct through and in connection with the Blum Digital Site. Examples of such service providers include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services and/or content for analyzing the operation of the Blum Digital Site, provide advertising and marketing assistance and provide customer service. These service providers’ access to your personally identifying information is limited to the information reasonably necessary to perform their limited functions.
- Disclosure for legal reasons
- If we engage in a merger, acquisition, disposition, change of control, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding, or otherwise transfers the operations of the Blum Digital Site that relates to your personally identifying information, we will transfer your personally identifying information to the successor entity.
- Rights of California residents. If you are a California resident, and you want to find out the names of any information brokers or any other third parties with whom we share your personally identifying information under California Privacy (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 et seq., send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and within thirty (30) days, we will provide you with that information.
Cookies and the information they collect
- What cookies are. A cookie is a small data file that a website transfers to a user’s hard drive when a user visits the website. A cookie file can contain information such as a unique ID that the site uses to track the pages visited and is a standard method of registering website user preferences. These preferences are stored in a file on your computer’s hard disk drive.
- What they do. Cookies make it easier for you to use the Blum Digital Site by enabling you to access your information when you “sign in” to your account, to make purchases and move uninterrupted between site areas.
- How you can control them. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. Rejecting a cookie, however, may preclude you from using, or may negatively affect the display or function of, the Blum Digital Site or certain areas or features of the Blum Digital Site. To learn more about cookies, including how to enable cookies, change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please refer to your web browser’s help menus or visit allaboutcookies.org.
How cookies are used on the Blum Digital Site
- Site analysis. We use Google® Analytics to recognize and count the number of visitors to the Blum Digital Site and to see how visitors move around the Blum Digital Site when they’re using it. Cookies also allow us to provide you with customized content, keep track of preferences you specify while visiting the Blum Digital Site, conduct general analysis and research, and identify purchases that you make in response to our advertising.
- Interest-based advertising
- If you visit the Blum Digital Site as a result of a search on Google® or Yahoo® or another search engine, that search engine may serve you ads for other home-based education products and services when you are on other websites with their networks.
- We also use Google® remarketing tags, which are a kind of cookie, to advertise to users who have visited the Blum Digital Site even when they are not on the Blum Digital Site and when they are not using a search engine to look for us. For example, if you have visited the Blum Digital Site in the last thirty days, you could be on an auto parts website and you might see an ad for the HealMyGut™ Program, the Simply Arthritis™ Program, or the Healing Arthritis Challenge™, just because you previously visited the Blum Digital Site.
- You can choose to limit this kind of behavioral advertising by Google by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and opting out of interest-based ads on Google. To opt out from a list of vendors in addition to Google, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. After you opt out, you will still see advertisements when you are online, but the advertising may not be as relevant to your interests. If you change your computer, change your browser, or delete your cookies, you will need to renew your opt-out.
Web beacons and the information they collect
- We may also use an application known as a “web beacon.” A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image that is used in combination with a cookie or cookies. A web beacon can be placed on a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include personally identifying information.
How web beacons are used on the Blum Digital Site
- If you are on the Blum Digital Site when the Facebook web beacon is running, and then we run a “like” campaign on Facebook when you are on Facebook, you will see a “Like us” ad for the HealMyGut™ Program, the Simply Arthritis™ Program, and/or the Healing Arthritis Challenge™. We also may use web beacons to assist in tracking and analyzing advertising effectiveness, verify purchases made on the Blum Digital Site, count and recognize site visitors, and personalize your experience.
“Do Not Track” Signals
- With some browsers, it is possible for a user to activate a “Do Not Track” signal, to indicate that the user does not want to be tracked across the websites that the user visits.
- The Blum Digital Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. In other words, if you have activated a Do Not Track signal in your own browser, the Blum Digital Site will not block tracking by Google, its affiliates, or anyone else of your activity on the Blum Digital Site.
Management of your personally identifying information on the Blum Digital Site
- To keep your personally identifying information accurate, current, and complete, you can log in to your own account at https://blumhealthmd.com/ or you can contact email@example.com.
Storage of information
- We store all information that we collect on the Blum Digital Site on servers operated by third parties. These servers may be located in the United States or in other jurisdictions.
Transfer of information
- We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personally identifying information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
- If you are located in the European Union or other regions whose laws governing data collection and use may differ from the laws of the United States, please note that we may transfer information, including personally identifying information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of such information to the U.S. or any other country in which we or our service providers operate or maintain facilities.
- We use SSL certificates to protect your personal information as you transmit it from your computer to the Blum Digital Site and to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We also use a software program to stop certain kinds of attacks. But no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Blum Digital Site may not be secure. Be careful about sending us any confidential information, and keep secure any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features that you use on the Blum Digital Site.
Protection of information
- You are responsible for maintaining the privacy of your unique password and account information and for controlling access to your communications from the Blum Digital Site at all times.
- Your personally identifying information will be stored in secure third-party data centers. Nevertheless, we cannot (i) ensure or warrant the security of any personally identifying information that you transmit when you use the Blum Digital Site or (ii) guarantee that information stored on or transmitted through the Blum Digital Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. If any personally identifying information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation, and where appropriate, we will notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifying information, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
- If you are a parent and you become aware that your child has provided us with personally identifying information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take steps to remove such information and close the child’s account.